Monday, April 5, 2010

Easy Stuffed Shells

I found this recipe, and thought it would be great to use up the stuffed shells/meatballs I had from other recipes. It was an instant hit with Nate!! I cut the recipe to 1/4 of it's original size (posted is the original), and used tomato sauce with Italian seasoning vs using spaghetti sauce, but it was great.
My only complaint was that I don't like those frozen meatballs--and will probably make my own from scratch next time.

Easy Stuffed Shells
(TOH)

12 Ounce jumbo pasta shells
26 Ounce tomato sauce
Italian seasoning
36 frozen cooked italian meatballs
2 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Instructions:
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Cook meatballs according to package directions.
Mix desired amount of Italian seasoning with sauce.
Place 1/2 cup sauce in a greased 13x9 baking dish. Place a meatball in each shell; transferred to prepared dish. Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
Cover and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.

Serving Size: 1 shell
Yields: 12 servings


As always... comments are love!

No comments:

Post a Comment