Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chewy Chocolate Cookies - with Peanut Butter!

I am the type of cook/baker who is more than willing to experiment with entrees & appetizers, and even most desserts. But, for some reason, I am always afraid to try a new cookie recipe.
Maybe it's because my mama makes the best cookies in the world.
I am not really sure.... but I am always nervous about it. The gingersnaps I made the other day for Nate turned out OK, but those were gingersnaps. I don't like gingersnaps, so it wouldn't have been the end of the world if they hadn't turned out. These are something that I was hoping I would like, so I was nervous about them NOT turning out.

Chewy Chocolate Cookies - With Peanut Butter!
(No idea where this came from)

1 1/4 Cup butter flavored Crisco
2 Cup sugar
2 eggs
2 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 Cup flour
3/4 Cup cocoa
1 Teaspoon baking soda
1/2 Teaspoon salt
18 Ounce package peanut butter chips

Instructions:
Cream Crisco & sugar in large mixing bowl. Add eggs & vanilla; blend well. Combine flour, cocoa baking soda, & salt; gradually blend into creamed mixture. Stir in peanut butter chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet until set, remove to wire rack to cool completely.

Yields: 4 1/2 dozen



I tried these two different ways--placing them into balls, and placing them into balls then kinda flattening the balls. They looked way better when I just did the balls-they look kinda funny, but the inside seemed more moist.

Also-the amount of peanut butter chips is adjusted from the original--both Nate & I agreed that they need more. The first cookies had the perfect amount, but the last pan did not have enough. If you would rather go light on the peanut butter chips, the original just called for 12 ounces.

Opinions: We LOVED these! I am definitely going to be making these more often! Even Nate loved them, and I wasn't sure what he would think. He asked that I make them more, possibly in place of some of the other cookies I make so often.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if you'll see this or not, Serena, but I stumbled onto your site while looking up a recipe! You have some good ones here, and I did 'pin' some to pinterest, too! Hope you do get this, and I'd love to see you start this up again and share more great recipes! I am going to try this cookie recipe soon, too! If you do get this, please come visit my site and let me know you got this! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete