Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Gingersnaps!

I am not a fan of gingersnaps, but Nate has told me multiple times that he loves them. I've bought them a few times, but I've never made them.

I decided to try making them ages ago when I saw this recipe, and finally did a couple weeks ago.

Gingersnaps
(TOH)


1/3 Cup butter-flavored crisco
1/2 Cup sugar
1 egg
2 Tablespoon molasses
1 Cup all purpose flour
1 Teaspoon baking soda
1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon cloves
1/2 Teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 Teaspoon salt
additional sugar

Instructions:
In a large mixing bowl, cream the crisco and sugar. Add egg and molasses; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Roll in additional sugar. Place 2" apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with glass.
Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and tops are set and starting to crack. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.


Opinions:
I definitely need to make them smaller!! TINY balls. Not tablespoonfuls--more like teaspoonfuls. Other than that, Nate LOVED them. (Well, actually, Nate didn't care about the size. He liked that they were the size of small plates.) I didn't like them, but I'm not a fan of gingersnaps.

I will definitely make these again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment