Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bob's Crab Cakes

I love crab, so when I came across a recipe for crab cakes that basically boasted it was perfect, I had to try it.

Well, it might've been perfect, but the stupid things wouldn't hold together, so I'll never know.

(There is no picture intentionally. I basically made 'Bob's Crab Stir Fry' by the time it was done. It wasn't pretty.)

If you try this, let me know how it turns out. Maybe I'm just an idiot who couldn't do it right. :)

Bob's Crab Cakes
(TOH)

2 slices day old bread, cut into 1/4" cubes
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 Tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
2 Teaspoon worchestershire sauce
1/2 Teaspoon pepper
18 Ounce crabmeat, chopped finely
2 Tablespoon canola oil

Instructions:
In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Add crab; mix gently. Form mixture into eight balls; flatten slightly. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the crab cakes in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.

Yields: 8 crab cakes
Prep Time: 15 m
Cook Time: 5 m
Total Time: 20 m

No comments:

Post a Comment