Monday, March 1, 2010

Broccoli Stuffed Shells

I don't know where I found this recipe... it was something I found when looking through the recipe books at Mama's.
I love the idea of stuffed shells, but I haven't liked any of the stuffed shells recipes we've tried. This one was OK, it just had too much spaghetti sauce. If I changed that, and maybe added more seasonings, it would have the potential to be pretty good.
Until you re-heat it.
Now remember, my mother taught me well--I HATE wasting food. Hate it. But this was one of those meals that, when re-heated, Nate & I looked at each other and suggested that we get that frozen pizza out of the freezer. It was GROSS.
So... overall rating? Not very impressed.

Broccoli Stuffed Shells


12 jumbo pasta shells
14 Ounce spaghetti sauce
1/2 Tablespoon Margarine
1/2 Pound ricotta cheese
1/2 Cup shredded monterey jack cheese
1/2 egg
5 Ounce chopped broccoli
1/4 Cup shredded parmesan
1/2 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Instructions:
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Heat sauce, pour enough to cover the bottom of a 9x9 pan. Mix margarine, ricotta, egg, broccoli, and 1/2 of the cheeses. Stuff shells, arrange in pan over sauce. Add rest of sauce and sprinkle with rest of cheese. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.


Serves: 4
Serving Size: 3 shells
Prep Time: 20 m
Cook Time: 40 m
Total Time: 1 hr

No comments:

Post a Comment