Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sausage Cheese Balls

Have I mentioned my feelings for Bisquick before? I like it because it's easy... I dislike it because everything you put it in tastes like Bisquick.

These are tolerable, but I would DEFINITELY use a substitute for the baking mix. (To be fair, the recipe called for baking mix... which basically means Bisquick.

Definitely something I would love to try again, but need to substitute the Bisquick.

Sausage Cheese Balls
(Jimmy Dean)

2 Pound pork sausage
1 1/2 Cup Bisquick
4 Cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 Cup finely chopped onion
1/2 Cup finely chopped celery
2 Teaspoon black pepper
2 Teaspoon minced garlic

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 375. Combine all ingredient in a large mixing bowl; stir well. Form into 1" balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet; bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve with cocktail forks or toothpick.

Yields: 6-9 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment