Friday, August 28, 2009

10-Minute Zesty Salsa

Well, I tried this new salsa recipe for Nate a couple days ago (before we went camping). Apparently, it's a little too zesty. Not so much that he is throwing it away, but enough that he is only eating a little at a time. He likes it, though. "It's very spicy, has a strong onion & jalapeno flavor."

Personally, I think salsa is pretty gross to begin with, but it's something he loves. So, here I am trying to find/adjust the perfect salsa recipe for my hubby.

Hey, we do worse things for our husbands, right? :)

Onto the recipe....



10 Minute Zesty Salsa Recipe

(From a Taste of Home Cookbook)

1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes & green chillies, undrained (I did drain mine... Nate doesn't like his salsa very soupy)
1 tbsp seeded chopped jalapeno pepper
1 tbsp chopped red onion
1 tbsp minced fresh cilantro (I used dried...1 tsp, I believe)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
dash salt
dash pepper
tortilla chips

In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips.

Yields: 1 1/2 cups


If you try it, leave a comment with what you think of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment