Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Failed dinner... but Cheesy Bread Delights

Well, dinner tonight was a confirmed failure. No, I didn't burn anything, spill anything, etc. It just tasted like stuffing. Soggy stuffing.

I hate stuffing. Really, really hate it. Largely because I've had some very soggy stuffing before... not a good experience.
So to have this dinner, which I have really been looking forward to, taste like soggy stuffing, made me pretty sad. I followed the recipe word for word, so maybe it is supposed to taste like this. Needless to say, I was disappointed.

Oh well, we ate the non-soggy-stuffing parts, and had the Cheesy Bread Delights. :)

Cheesy Bread Delights


(Note: I never actually measure anything when I make these, so everything is approximate!)
1/2 loaf french bread, sliced (approximately 1 1/2" thick)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried herb/seasoning of your choice (today was something meant for dipping with olive oil... not sure what is in it)
1 cup shredded colby jack cheese (or any other cheese)

Preheat oven to 350.
Place sliced bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Combine the olive oil and herbs in a bowl; spread lightly over bread. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 for 3-4 minutes, or until cheese is melted.



Obviously, this isn't a hard recipe. I don't know where I got the original recipe, but I play with it every time I make it. Nate & I both love it, it's fun trying different seasonings and cheeses!
Sometime, I will try to actually measure how much of everything I use. We'll see if I ever remember... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment