Friday, August 28, 2009

Creamy Chicken and Pasta

I made this one awhile ago, but Nate & I both loved it!

Creamy Chicken And Pasta
(Yet again from Taste of Home... I love their magazines)

(If it looks funny, that's because I exported it from my RecipeManager, and am too lazy to mess with it much. That's why I exported it, rather than re-typing it all.) :)


Ingredients:
2 Cup uncooked penne pasta
1 1/2 Cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 Cup sliced green onion (or regular, finely chopped)
2 Tablespoon Butter
1/2 Cup white wine/chicken broth
1 Teaspoon minced garlic
1 Tablespoon All-Purpose flour
1/3 Cup Water
1 Cup heavy whipping cream
2 Cup cubed cooked chicken
2 Tablespoon capers, drained
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
shredded parmesan cheese

Instructions:
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add wine or broth and garlic. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
2. Combine flour and water until smooth; gradually add to mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
3. Drain pasta. Add the pasta, chicken, capers, salt, and pepper to cream sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.


The original recipe called for 2 cups, but that was going to be WAY too much. As it was, I am adding less mushrooms the next time I make it, and I suggest you do too. I like mushrooms (well... fresh mushrooms), but they overpower the other flavors in this recipe.
Also, no capers or shredded parmesan... couldn't find the capers, and I used the regular parmesan I have in the fridge. :)

We LOVED this recipe! Very yummy... It was very creamy, and the combination of mushrooms, chicken, and pasta is always delightful. Reheats pretty well, which is great when you are always cooking to have leftovers! :)

As always, comments are love. :) Let me know if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment