Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Slow Cooker Potato Soup

I don't remember where I got this recipe, but I probably wouldn't try it again. I've tried a couple different potato soups, and this was the least satisfying. It was not thick enough, and had very little flavor. The Italian seasoning is something we added as we were eating, to try to get it to taste better.

We had this when my little brother was visiting for the weekend... his comment? "Why don't you just use Mom's recipe? Her'ss is amazing."
...my reply is that I probably will next time. Maybe this is what I get for trying to perfect something that's already perfect. :)
(We had this with the cheesy onion breadsticks! At least THOSE turned out great!)

On another topic, does anyone else always want to spell 'potato' with an 'e' at the end? It's probably because plural is 'potatoes', but I have to erase the 'e' every darn time I spell that word singular... oh well. :)


Slow Cooker Potato Soup

3 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
1 Large onion
1 carrot, cut into 2" chunks
1 Stalk celery, cut into 2" pieces
1 Tablespoon Parsley
5 Cup water
4 chicken bouillon cubes
1/2 Tablespoon salt
pepper, to taste
Italian seasoning
1 1/2 Cup milk

Instructions:
Place all ingredients but milk in a slow cooker. Cook on low 10 to 12 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours. During the last hour of cooking, add milk.



Yumm!

No comments:

Post a Comment