Monday, January 25, 2010

Cheesy Onion Breadsticks

This is something I made with potato soup when my little brother was visiting over the weekend. The soup was slightly disappointing (recipe to follow), but this turned out AMAZING. Very quick, and Nate rated this almost as good as my Cheddar Biscuits. And those only rate behind cheesecake and his herbed wheat muffins! (I'm making the muffins soon... recipe to follow!)

The recipe calls for onion, but I made it without, and it turned out just great. I think I will try it with onion at some point, however.

Cheesy Onion Breadsticks
(Cooking for Two)


1/2 Cup Bisquick
2 Tablespoon milk
1/4 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 green onion, finely chopped
1/8 Teaspoon garlic powder
2 Teaspoon butter, melted

Instructions:
In a small bowl, combine the bisquick, milk, cheese, onion, and garlic powder. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll into a 4x6 rectangle. Cut lengthwise into four strips. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter.


Serves: 4
Serving Size: 1 breadstick
Prep Time: 5
Cook Time: 15
Total Time: 20

Mmm.... yummy meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment