Sunday, November 22, 2009

Happiness = Cheesecake...or, how my husband fell in love with me

Have you heard the saying that the quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach?

Yeah. This is how I got Nathan to fall in love with me.

So, a few years ago, I was dating this guy. Really cute, great guy. I really wanted to impress this great guy and do something nice for him, since he was always so sweet to me. I discovered that he likes cheesecake, so I thought "hey! That should be easy to make. I'll do that for him!"
I found a recipe, then asked my mama what in the world a springform pan was, and if we had one. Long story short, we didn't have one, I didn't want to buy one, so I found another recipe.

This is now the recipe that Nathan always requests for birthdays, etc. Along with everyone else in my family. And his family.


Cheese Cake
(Recipes to Remember from McLachlan Family & Friends)

(Yes, that is the only picture I have of the cheesecake. I forgot to take another one, OK? Just imagine it without the purple gel frosting and the dino candles. And the person who makes a crack about the handwriting never gets cheesecake again. Ever.)

19 Ounce cream cheese, softened
1 Cup sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla
3 eggs
1 Cup sour cream
2 graham cracker pie crusts (9" each)
cherry pie filling, if desired

Instructions:
Cream the cheese together. Add sugar; cream together. Add vanilla and eggs. Cream together. Add sour cream. Pour into crusts. Bake for 1 hour at 300 or until center is firm. Top with cherry pie filling, if desired.


Note: You can also add 2 tsp lemon peel. If you do, add with the vanilla and eggs. I just prefer not to most of the time.


Serves: 16
Serving Size: 1 slice
Yields: 2 cheesecakes
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 1hr 20m


This was actually done for my nephew's birthday. (Happy early birthday, Nicholas!)
(Just look at how happy he is, eating his birthday cheesecake! His daddy and uncles are teaching him right. Cake? Psh! Cheesecake is way better!)



So.... 5 years later, Nathan still loves me. :) Granted, that may be more than just the cheesecake. You never know though. ;)

1 comment:

  1. For the record, that's not how i fell in love with you. Of course, I probably shouldn't make this public knowledge, I love your cheescake. Not gaining weight due to your salad :).

    ReplyDelete