Friday, November 6, 2009

No, I have not disappeared from the face of the earth

...I have just been crazy busy, and have a million different reasons for not blogging lately. I haven't been recording recipes like I should have been either! So, once I get them recorded, I will post everything!
A little of what has kept me busy/stressed, and what recipes will be posted soon:

1. I accepted a position at the hospital! Super excited about that, but there were lots of decisions to make around that. I start November 16th!!!

2. We had a party with some of Nate's friends in GR... which I made my mother-in-law's cheesecake brownies for. You know how I brag about my Mama's cooking a lot? Well.... my mother-in-law (Sue), is spectacular too. Her cheesecake brownies are to die for. (Probably literally, if I ever actually become diabetic, because I won't be able to stay away from them, and my sugar will freak out more than it does now.)

3. We had Christmas with my (extended) family! Grandma & Grandpa go to Florida every winter, so we have Christmas early. Exceptionally early, since G&G left SUPER early this year. (Grandma, if you are reading this, this is an official complaint.) But, we had a great time with my family. I love my family!
(My super-amazing Grandparents!!)

(See how much my brother loves me? You can tell by how hard he is crushing me. Which was a lot.)

4. My aunt had surgery, and will have another surgery next week. Prayers are appreciated.

5. .....I have just been super stressed.

But, I will start posting more recipes, starting NOW!



Three Cheese Garlic Chicken Pasta
Heavenly Homemakers



2 Cup cooked chicken, cut into bite-Sized pieces
2 cloves Garlic
2 Tablespoon olive oil
2 1/2 Cup whole wheat pasta
3 Cup Milk
3 Tablespoon Butter
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup shredded white cheddar
3 Ounce cream cheese
Parmesan

Instructions:
In a skillet, saute chicken and garlic in olive oil. Remove from heat. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a big pot with the milk, butter, and salt. Stir almost constantly, especially as the pasta is becoming tender and the milk is beginning to boil. Cook and stir over medium heat until pasta is tender and the starch from the pasta has thickened the milk, creating a creamy sauce. (This will be about 10 minutes.)
Stir in the cheddar and cream cheese, heat until cheeses are melted.
Stir in the chicken & garlic, heat until chicken is warm.
Sprinkle parmesan on each serving.

The lack of pictures for the recipe is due to my camera battery basically dying, and the fact that I keep forgetting to get another one. It will stay on long enough to take one picture, at least! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment