Sunday, November 8, 2009

Cake Wrecks: When Professional Cakes Go Hilariously Wrong

I just realized that I never wrote about Cake Wrecks on here!

Cake Wrecks is a collection of cakes gone wrong-professional cakes that, for various reasons, are AWFUL. Misspellings, poo-swirls (yes, I said poo-swirls), grammar issues, illegible writing, designs that look NOTHING like what the buyer asked for... if something can go wrong with a cake, it's probably been on CW. And they are all amazingly funny! Of course, each wreck also has commentary from Jen, the creator of CW. Jen's commentary is wickedly funny, and will keep you laughing if somehow the wrecks do not!

The book is created from the blog, with lots of new wrecks, and some old ones. Even if you are not a reader of the Cake Wrecks blog (which you should be. Go on, check it out, after finishing this post!), this book is worth buying! I have read the blog since not longer after it started, and check it daily!

I got through the book in no time at all--I could not put it down, I kept having to look at the next picture, the next picture...

I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone. And I think I am going to go look at some more pictures now... ;)

(There are some cakes that definitely have sexual references (which are probably unintentional), but Jen keeps the commentary pretty clean. She also warns, at the end of one section of the book, that the next section may be a little much.)

No comments:

Post a Comment