Sunday, October 18, 2009

My Cheddar Biscuits...

I adore Red Lobster. I could go there happily every day...(ignoring the fact that I would get very fat, of course). I could also go and happily just eat their Cheddar Bay Biscuits. I was looking for a recipe similar to that when I found this one.... AMAZING! I've tried others, but they just don't compare. :)
I try make it fairly often-we never get tired of it! It always makes my day -and Nate's too- when these come out of the oven. Mmm.... (And yes, it is easy to double the batch. Hehe.)

Cheddar Biscuits
(Food & Whine)

2 Cup all-Purpose flour
3 Teaspoon baking powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 Cup butter, cold, cut into chunks
2 Tablespoon canola/vegetable oil
1 heaping cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2-2/3 Cup Milk

Garlic butter topping:
3 Tablespoon Butter
1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 Teaspoon dried parsley flakes

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400° F.

In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and garlic powder. Whisk together to combine thoroughly. Add chunks of butter.
Using a pastry cutter, cut butter into flour until it is coarse, pea-sized.
Add oil, cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup milk. Stir together. Keep adding milk a bit at a time, just until the dough is moistened and no longer dry and powdery. (Shouldn't be sticky, just moist enough to hold together).

Drop approximately 1/4 cup portions of the dough onto an greased cookie sheet.

Bake for 14-17 minutes. While biscuits are baking, melt 3 tablespoons butter is a small bowl in your microwave. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and the parsley.

When biscuits come out of the oven, use a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Use up all of the butter. Serve warm.

Yields: 12(ish... as you can see, I made 14 this time.)

Isn't my hubby so cute?? He likes to cook too... I usually just kick him out of my kitchen. ;) This time, I had him help because I was multi-tasking... the recipe I was making at the same time will be posted another day! (Peanut Butter Pie... mmm!)


As always... comments are love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment