Friday, October 23, 2009

My Momma's Peanut Butter Cookies

In case you missed the previous posts, my mama is amazing. And my husband loves peanut butter. There is a story about how my mama loves my hubby more than me, and lets him get away with eating cookies meant for someone else, and with eating more batter than necessary, but it makes me mad at them both, so I won't get into that. ;)

Anyhow... Mom has been making these cookies for as long as I can remember, and they have been amazing for as long as I can remember. I think she played with her original recipe (see! I come by it honestly!), but they are now perfect. (As long as you follow the directions... careful on the time!)

I made these the night before Nate's CNA final, to help him study. :-D

(And, since he got an 88%, I'd say he did pretty darn good!!! Of course, that may have been due to all the studying, and not necessarily my cookies... oh well, I tried!)

Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies
(Laurie Curtis)

3/4 Cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 Cup crisco
1 1/4 Cup firmly packed light brown sugar
3 Tablespoon Milk
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
1 Egg
1 3/4 Cup Flour
3/4 Teaspoon Salt
3/4 Teaspoon baking soda

Instructions: Heat oven to 375. Combine peanut butter, crisco, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed with mixer until well blended. Add egg; beat until blended. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to mixture at low speed, mix until blended. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet. Flatten slightly with criss-cross pattern with fork. Bake for 6 1/2 - 8 minutes, cool.

Yields: 3 dozen small
(Look, Nathan is 'helping'!)


(Note: the recipe title is not a joke. These things are irresistible. Make them when you can give some away... or you will eat them all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment