Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sausage Rolls & Herbed Corn!

Well, these are from last night's dinner... and I keep debating back & forth on whether I want to post recipes that I will never make again. Oh well, someone out there must like it, so I might as well, right? :)



Sausage Rolls
(From TOH)

1 tube (8oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
8 sausage links, cooked
1/8 Teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 Teaspoon rubbed sage
1 Egg
1 Tablespoon Water
Parsley
Paprika

Instructions: Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into four rectangles; seal perforations. Place two sausage links end to end along long side of each rectangle. Sprinkle with garlic powder and sage. Roll up jelly-roll style; seal the seams with water.



Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. In a bowl, beat egg and water; brush over rolls. Sprinkle with parsley and paprika. Cut into 2" pieces. Bake at 375 for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.

Please ignore the fact that I desperately need to clean my oven... I forget until I go to use it, and at 350 I don't think that's a wise idea. :) (Although the mess in there IS Nathan's fault! Really!)

So...this is the recipe that I probably won't try again. I bought the large cresents, which only makes 6, so I used two packages & almost all of my sausages. Not really a good idea. They were too buttery, and in general I didn't really like them. I might just be picky though. :)

I was even SO proud of myself, and took pictures/had Nathan take pictures during the process! And of course, we don't even like the recipe. (Which is not entirely true... Nate liked them well enough, I was just REALLY disappointed.) Darn.


Herbed Corn
(TOH)

1 Cup frozen corn
Water
Parsley
Salt
dill weed
garlic powder
italian seasoning
Thyme


Cook corn according to package directions. Strain, add seasonings to taste.

This recipe was obviously a lot more specific when I got it originally, but it also called for 12 cups corn. Ummm... no, Nate & I can't (and won't) eat that much corn. So, I just did things my mother's way--throw things together, and they magically taste great!!

...Except, when my dear mother does it, it actually does taste great. This? Mediocre. I don't think I like dill weed, though. Without that, it was great. :)

(Less pictures because... well, taking pictures of corn while it's boiling is kinda boring. Sorry.)


Tomorrow, I hope to have a post on the AMAZING bread I made today. ('Hope' for two reasons: one, I may forget to post. Two, it's not out of the oven yet, so we'll see.) :)

As always, let me know if you try anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment