Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Celebration!

On Tuesday, I made Davy Crockett Bars (more proof of my Mama's amazing-ness), for my dear hubby.

Davy Crockett Bars
(Laurie Curtis... no idea where she got the recipe originally!)

2 Cup Flour
1 Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1 Teaspoon baking soda
1 Cup brown sugar
2 Cup quick-cooking oats
1 12oz package chocolate chips
2 Egg
1 Cup vegetable oil
1 Teaspoon Vanilla

Instructions:
Mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix in brown sugar, oats, and chocolate chips. Combine eggs, oil, and vanilla.









Stir into chocolate chip mixture.














Press into an ungreased 13x9 baking pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly before cutting.











Variations: Can use any type of baking chips--chocolate, peanut butter, butterscotch, vanilla, etc.

(Note: Mama's recipe originally called for 1 6oz package of chocolate chips. Did you just read that as sixteen? I did, the first time I made these by myself. -and yes, the recipe was copied by me, so it is my own fault.- Needless to say, they were pretty darn chocolate/peanut-buttery. But ~ 12 oz works GREAT.)


As always... comments are love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment