Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo

This was last Wednesday's dinner...
I saw this recipe in a magazine ad, thought it was worth a shot. I buy those Pasta Sides a lot when they are on sale; they make fast & easy lunches/sides. Not very nutritious though, so we don't have them too often. But I thought this sounded yummy. :)

Sorry the 'finished' picture looks funny... it was boiling, so it didn't turn out that well. But I thought it did at first, so I never took another picture.

Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo
(Knorr)

1 Tablespoon Margarine
1 Pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
2 Cup fresh or thawed frozen broccoli florets
1 3/4 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Package Knorr Pasta Sides-Alfredo

Instructions:
Melt margarine in a skillet & cook chicken thoroughly. Remove chicken and set aside.
Stir broccoli, water, and milk into pan. Bring to a boil.









Stir in Alfredo pasta. Cook 8 minutes. Return chicken to skillet, heating through.












Serves: 4
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 15
Total Time: 30


It actually turned out pretty good... something I would make again!

Note: The original called for more butter & red bell pepper... I don't really like peppers that much, and I thought it was too expensive. -Yes, I'm cheap.- So... I skipped it. If you are interested though, the original called for more butter after cooking the chicken (2 tbsp), and then cooking 1/2 c red bell pepper, then continuing to step two.

No comments:

Post a Comment