Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Zippy Slow Cooked Chili

Update: Yay, we now have pictures!


First of all, I want to apologize for the lack of a picture. I have an amazing new camera, and I totally forgot to take a picture of this!

Granted, I probably forgot because I didn't actually eat this... as Nate was eating this, I was eating a sloppy joe. Why, you ask? Well, that would be because I don't like chili. At all. (I know, I know, every family member who reads this is ready to disown me. Don't disown me just yet, please.)

But, I decided that I would be a good wife, and sacrifice for my husband. My house smells like chili. (That was the sacrifice part.) I got this ready before I went to work in the morning, and had it all ready when my husband got home from school. (See? Good wife.)

Family members still waiting to hear why they shouldn't disown me? Well... apparently I make really freakin' good chili. That's why. :) (And because you love me. Admit it.)

Nate said that he's had many chilis much worse than mine, and very few better. Which, for someone making chili for the first time who doesn't like chili, I would say that's pretty impressive.

(Picture will follow.... I'll update later, when we get a picture.)

Zippy Slow-Cooked Chili
(Taste of Home)


1 Pound ground beef
28 Ounce diced tomatoes, undrained
1 Medium onion, chopped
1 Medium green pepper, chopped
15 Ounce vegetarian chili
8 Ounce tomato sauce
2 Tablespoon chili powder
1 Tablespoon Parsley
1 Tablespoon dried basil
2 Teaspoon ground cumin
4 Clove garlic, minced
1 Teaspoon dried oregano
3/4 Teaspoon pepper
1/8 Teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 Tablespoon minced chives
shredded cheddar cheese

Instructions:
In a nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3 qt slow cooker. Add everything but the cheese.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Sprinkle with cheese before serving.

Serves: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment